Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Post about Love

In honor of Valentine's Day. A letter to Eli.

Sweet (not so baby anymore) Elijah-

I want you to know how important it is to love other people. Not just becasue it's the "right" thing to do but becasue it is the Christ-like thing to do. Loving people isn't always easy. It is much easier to judge others, look down on them, hold grudges against those who are mean to us. But this is not what we are called to do. We are called to love one another no matter who they are or what they do.

I hope your dad and I will raise you to be a God-fearing man but even more, I hope you spend each day bringing joy and spreading love to others. It is so important to care about other people. We are to build up one another. I pray that you will see the value in each individual person regardless of their gender, race, sexuality, and social class, etc. Every person has worth, Eli. Every person deserves to be treated with kindness and respect. Life is too short to be mean to others. Remember that Christ's love spreads to all. You're the best thing that has ever happened to me and I love you so much. Happy Valentine's Day baby boy.

Love,

Your Mama

No comments: