Friday, September 2, 2011

Eli is ONE

How does time go so fast? HOW?

Dear Eli-

Today you turn one. I made Daddy take a picture of you asleep before you woke up this morning so we could have the moment captured forever. I sent you to daycare in your "It's my birthday shirt" with matching "birthday boy" bib. I didn't use to be this way. I am usually not this sentimental. Maybe I should say, I wasn't this sentimental before I had you. But you've changed me. In so many wonderful ways. And you challenge me- to become a better mommy, a better wife, a better friend...

I really don't remember what life was like without you in it. Which is okay because you are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I love watching you grow, take steps, feed yourself, play with Molly and enjoy life so much. I can't wait to watch you grow up into a wonderful young man. You are a true joy in my life and I love you SO much.


Now please don't start those toddler tantrums too early, okay?


Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

Kyle said...

I may or may not have just cried. I enjoyed the birthday party - it was so much fun.